“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.”
2 Corinthians 10:3-6
“And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
1 Thessalonians 5:23
• Biblical wholeness affects my mind, body and spirit. We live in a body, we have a soul and we are a spirit.
• Our body connects us to the earth and when we die, our bodies returns to the earth (the dust). Ecclesiastes 12:7
2 Corinthians 10:3-6 continued
• You cannot be defined by any attribute of your physical body because it’s only a house the you had nothing to do with.
• The mind (soul) controls the flesh, the flesh doesn’t control the mind.
• It’s wise to think about what you are going to say/do before you say/do it.
• God has called His word to be the leveller to compare our thoughts against.
• Once you cast the thought down there should be an act of obedience to avenge the thought that was cast down.
• There are two laws working together all the time (law of sin and death & law of life in Christ Jesus)
• The enemy feeds on flesh (after the fall he was cursed to crawl on his belly and eat dust)
• You are one decision away from life or death
• Deuteronomy 11:26 – we have a choice in blessing or curse
• Deuteronomy 30:19 – God allows us to choose life and death, blessing and curse but He encourages us to choose life.
• Proverbs 18:21 – death and life are in the power of the tongue
• Matthew 12:34 – out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth will speak. We have a choice.
“Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;”
• The greatest thing the enemy uses against us is fear
• All that God wants to do in your life is through faith
• Fear is our default nature along with sin.
• Bondage is fear
• Job 3:23
“And, behold, there cometh one of the rulers of the synagogue, Jairus by name; and when he saw him, he fell at his feet, And besought him greatly, saying, My little daughter lieth at the point of death: I pray thee, come and lay thy hands on her, that she may be healed; and she shall live. And Jesus went with him; and much people followed him, and thronged him. And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years, And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse, When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment. For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole. And straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague. And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes? And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me? And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing. But the woman fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her, came and fell down before him, and told him all the truth. And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague. While he yet spake, there came from the ruler of the synagogue’s house certain which said, Thy daughter is dead: why troublest thou the Master any further? As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, he saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, Be not afraid, only believe. And he took the damsel by the hand, and said unto her, Talitha cumi; which is, being interpreted, Damsel, I say unto thee, arise. And straightway the damsel arose, and walked; for she was of the age of twelve years. And they were astonished with a great astonishment.”
• Jesus is the intersection of where people who have had good years and people who have had bad years come together.
• The Lord always responds to faith and there is something about hearing the Word of God that will allow faith to flood your mind.
• Whatever you fill your mind with will either fill you with fear or faith.
• You are not living by faith until what you hear, see, and meditate on is in line with the word of God. (Romans 10:8)
• Romans 10:17 what she heard gave her faith!
• FEAR is False Evidence Appearing Real.
• Faith has to be the greater evidence that makes the final call on the decisions of your life. Faith always has to have corresponding action or its dead. Fear & Faith both have corresponding action. You are always walking in corresponding action to one of these.
• The base and foundation to all fear is that we can’t count on what God said.
• The woman with the issue of blood described in this passage knew the Word of God. Malachi 4:2 prophesied that Jesus would come and that He would have healing in His wings and the action that she took was to lean into faith in what she heard and touch his wings (the hem or tassels on his tallit).
• We cannot defeat mental warfare without God’s word. Fear has to be silenced with scripture that relates to your fears. You need a counter attack!