Seasons are always going to change!
There may be seasons we cannot change, but by the Word of God we pray the season does not change us!
“The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven. He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red. And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowring. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?”
- Their dislike for Jesus is greater than their dislike for each other.
- We serve a God that established seasons.
- Everything God does in the earth is representation of what God is doing in our lives.
- They asked Jesus for a sign…they didn’t need another sign or miracle…this was a temptation.
- They could forecast the weather but they could not know the sign of the times.
- Patterns tell us the future. Patterns forecast.
- There are individuals that have lived long enough to tell you patterns.
- The Word is filled with wisdom, instruction, and knowledge.
“In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem. And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes: And I prayed unto the Lord my God, and made my confession, and said, O Lord, the great and dreadful God, keeping the covenant and mercy to them that love him, and to them that keep his commandments; We have sinned, and have committed iniquity, and have done wickedly, and have rebelled, even by departing from thy precepts and from thy judgments:”
- Get into His Word!
- Daniel was a prophet but went to the Word when he wanted to understand the Season he was in.
- There is nothing like hearing a Word in the season you are in.
- Daniel found where he was in the prophetic season.
- When we know the Word we do not need to be fearful of the Season we are in.
“But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.”
- Some things we will not be able to understand until the time of the end.
- The Church has got to get back to the sacred book.
- You can’t get a revelation of what you are not in.
- You can’t get a revelation of the Word if you are not in the Word.
“And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.”
- Acts 1…what shall be the end of these things.
- The closer we get to the end, the better understanding we will have about the end.
- Daniel is seeking understanding.
- Adapt to the season right now.
“Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days. But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.”
“So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. Return, O Lord, how long? and let it repent thee concerning thy servants.”
- There are things we would do differently if we knew what our end was.
- Isaiah 39 – Hezikiah example.
- Esther 4 – we were created for such a time as this.
- The Church is here for such a time as this!
- There is a call on your life right now.
- God wants to use you!
The church is not expecting Jesus to return because it’s not being talked about enough.
What’s my purpose in times like this?
“Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept. And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.”