“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
“And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years, And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse, When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment. For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole. And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me? And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes? And straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague. And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing. But the woman fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her, came and fell down before him, and told him all the truth. And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.”
“For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.”
• We have to look inward and answer the question “who are you behind the mask?”
• How are you doing when no one is looking?
• verse 25: Before you seek a natural physician, seek the supernatural physician.
• verse 26: The woman with the issue of blood declared before she demonstrated. Many people stop at declaration with no demonstration to follow! You have to “put your feet where your mouth is”.
• Expect from God himself, not your Pastor or your worship team.
• Receive the “more” of him. Don’t throng (brush up against) him. To touch means to fasten to. The people in the crowd who just brushed up against him were not changed. However, the woman who touched him was made whole of her plague.
• She touched what was touching Jesus and got healed!
• There is a difference in what is given at church versus what is available. The atmosphere is provided but its up to you to touch God and receive from Him.
• In the midst of the two miracles at hand, Jesus demonstrated his non-discriminatory policy. Jesus was traveling with Jairus to his house to heal his daughter when he was touched by the woman with the issue of blood. Jairus was an important religious leader. Due to customs at that time, the woman would have been considered unclean and not permitted to be around family or the public. She was unimportant, yet Jesus stopped to make time for her.
“Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.”
• We are called to walk in power!
• The same power and anointing that God sent Jesus with is the same anointing and power that Jesus sends us with. We are supposed to be able to perform miracles out of that same anointing.
“Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk. And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength. And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.”
• Peter and John were able to heal the man laying at the gate because they had faith. The man touched what was touching Jesus (the disciples who spent time with him.)
• Touch what is touching Jesus!
• When people touch us, do they touch him?
“Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus. And beholding the man which was healed standing with them, they could say nothing against it.”
• There is an effect that you have on those around you when you have been with Jesus.
• There is a by-product of encountering Jesus.
• Blind Bartimaeus was told to be quiet when he hollered out to Jesus. Scripture says that he cried all the more! That should be us. When people tell us to be quiet about our Jesus, we should cry all the more.
• When you know what Jesus has done for you, when you have encountered him, you won’t be able to help yourself in telling others who he is!
• Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego stood up when others bowed down to culture. That should be us. When culture is against God, we are to stand with Him!
“But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall. And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the Lord of hosts.”
• When the Sun (Son of God) shines, we are healed, joyful, strong and victorious.
• Make up your mind. Be about that life. All or nothing. If you have decided to follow Jesus, there is no turning back!
• If people are looking for Jesus, may they find him in us!