“And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.”
• It’s time to highlight what unites us, Jesus!
• Marriage can be looked at like a triangle with Jesus at the top and you and your spouse on the two opposite bottom corners. The closer you and your spouse get to Jesus, the closer you will both get to each other.
• There is power in agreement. You both have to win.
• If we get divided, it won’t work.
• Everything that is of God is hated by Satan.
• Psalms 127:1 – “Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.”
• Strong marriages make strong homes, strong homes produce strong churches, and strong churches create strong cities. The enemy will bring division in an attempt to destroy your home!
• There has to be a common denominator larger than you and your spouse.
• The power of agreement rests in a common denominator.
“Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.”
• There is a supernatural blessing/anointing on agreement.
• With agreement, anything is possible.
• If the enemy can keep you focused on the disagreement, he can stop you from achieving anything.
“Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron’s beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments; As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the Lord commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.”
• God endorses agreement, there He commands his blessing.
• If you’re in an area of disagreement, you’re outside of God’ blessing.
“How should one chase a thousand, and two put ten thousand to flight, except their Rock had sold them, and the Lord had shut them up?”
• What is God’s blessing? It is Endowment, or, His “super” on our “natural”
• God blesses unity, there is harmony and power in agreement.
• Grace is unmerited favor. When you are in agreement, you get God’s unmerited favor. The word says that one will bring a thousand to flight while two can bring ten thousand to flight.
“Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.”
“Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?”
2 Corinthians 6:14
“And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.”
• Ruth and Naomi had agreement.
• You have to get in agreement with people who will take you in a positive direction.
• You need a circle of people who are in agreement with what God says.
“And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.”
• The enemy is seeking to introduce division.
• In the events leading to the crucifixion, Judas was not in agreement with the rest of the disciples.
• The enemy can only break your household down from the inside.
• Jesus told Judas to betray him quickly because Judas’ division was holding up what Jesus was going to do at the day of Pentecost.
“And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.”
• They were all in agreement!
• Bring the change in you, not the expected change in your spouse.
• Romans 16:17 – “Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.”
• 1 Corinthians 1:10 – “Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.”
• 1 Corinthians 3:3 – “For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?”
• Find the place of agreement and harmony and start there. Let that be the voice of reason.