“And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes. And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit, Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains: Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him. And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones. But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him, And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not. For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit. And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many. And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country.”
• The enemy wants control over three domains: religious, political, and economical.
• It may sound odd that Satan could be a part of the religious domain, but religion is only a set of beliefs.
• Later in these verses, the man was healed. This demonstrated that Jesus had power no matter the territory or jurisdiction. The demon had to ask Jesus’ permission not to be sent out of that land.
“And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand: And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand? But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils. But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.”
• This passage references the term “the prince of devils.” Think about what the word prince means and then think about when you’ve read the word principalities. This is a hierarchy in Satan’s kingdom.
• The Kingdom of God (a higher Kingdom) had entered in and evicted evil out.
• Too few in the body of Christ understand the Kingdom of God.
• John 3:3 – we were born again into Kingdom.
• Luke 22:29 – we are appointed into the Kingdom
• Hebrews 12:28 – we have received the Kingdom
• 1 Thessalonians 2:12 – we have been called into the Kingdom of God
• Colossians 1:13 – we have been translated into the Kingdom of God
“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”
• Take the weapons that the bible says are available to you. Take the helmet and the sword into prayer! The helmet is your salvation and the sword is the Word of God.
• Many of us have allowed the enemy to put us in a defensive mode. God has called us to be on the offense. We should be advancing the kingdom while the enemy is losing territory.
• The only offensive weapon we’ve been given in our battle uniform is the sword of the spirit. Although you may want to take your helmet and use it as an offensive weapon, it doesn’t work offensively like the Word does…the Word takes territory.
“And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”
• We can’t resolve what the world thinks of Jesus until we get a revelation of who Jesus is.
• Verse 18 shows us that we are to be on the offense. We were meant to gain ground, not worry about losing ground.
• Verse 19 illustrates that we are the kingdom, the keys to the kingdom were our first gift.
“And I Daniel alone saw the vision: for the men that were with me saw not the vision; but a great quaking fell upon them, so that they fled to hide themselves. Therefore I was left alone, and saw this great vision, and there remained no strength in me: for my comeliness was turned in me into corruption, and I retained no strength. Yet heard I the voice of his words: and when I heard the voice of his words, then was I in a deep sleep on my face, and my face toward the ground. And, behold, an hand touched me, which set me upon my knees and upon the palms of my hands. And he said unto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand upright: for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling. Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words. But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia. Then said he, Knowest thou wherefore I come unto thee? and now will I return to fight with the prince of Persia: and when I am gone forth, lo, the prince of Grecia shall come.”
Daniel 10:7-13, 20
• Psalms 103:20 shows us that angels move on God’s word. It is His word that we should take into prayer. “Bless the Lord, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.” -Psalms 103:20
• Our prayers, in the name of Jesus, gives us victory/triumph over the enemy. This is when the enemy loses strongholds. Colossians 2:15
We need to advance the Prince of Peace.
Sunday, September 8, 2019 – 9:45AM Service