“Then went the Pharisees, and took counsel how they might entangle him in his talk. And they sent out unto him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, Master, we know that thou art true, and teachest the way of God in truth, neither carest thou for any man: for thou regardest not the person of men. Tell us therefore, What thinkest thou? Is it lawful to give tribute unto Caesar, or not? But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites? Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny. And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?”
• The enemy wants to shape how we view the world.
• He wants to sit in the seat of judgement and promotion.
• He wants our belief system, our politics, and our money.
“Then Pilate entered into the judgment hall again, and called Jesus, and said unto him, Art thou the King of the Jews? Jesus answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me? Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice. Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done? Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all.”
• He didn’t care about Jesus teachings he only cared if Jesus called himself a king.
• We must realize that the kingdom we belong to is not of this world.
• We don’t know what kingdom we are here to represent.
• “In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.” 2 Corinthians 4:4
• When Jesus asked whose image was on the coin, he was pointing to the property of that kingdom bearing the image of the one in authority over that kingdom. Whose image do you bear? Who do you belong to?
“For the Lord hath chosen Jacob unto himself, and Israel for his peculiar treasure.”
• God doesn’t put His image on things, He puts His image on people.
“For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”
• When God has your heart, He will have your treasure.
• Scripture says, you cannot serve God and mammon (money). If satan doesn’t want you serving God, he will influence you with money!
• He paid His price for a Heavenly king through an earthly king
• “No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.” Luke 16:13
“And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting: And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers’ money, and overthrew the tables;”
• The dollar IS NOT Almighty, God is.
• When God is the Lord of your life, He takes precedence in your life.
• If you have fear you will represent the kingdom up to the point that you think you might lose something.