Volume 2: Kings and Pawns
“And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying: The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation. And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour. And when her masters saw that the hope of their gains was gone, they caught Paul and Silas, and drew them into the marketplace unto the rulers, And brought them to the magistrates, saying, These men, being Jews, do exceedingly trouble our city, And teach customs, which are not lawful for us to receive, neither to observe, being Romans. And the multitude rose up together against them: and the magistrates rent off their clothes, and commanded to beat them.”
• Under a demonic spirit, the woman was being used as a pawn
• Paul and Silas were thrown into prison for liberating the woman from bondage
“Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?”
• Revelation 1:6 states that God’s plan is that we be kings in the earth. It is God’s plan, for us, that we advance His kingdom
• A pawn is someone who is being used to advance the agenda of another
• Yield your life, body and assets to advancing God’s kingdom
• If you yield to sin you’re a servant to sin. If you yield to obedience & righteousness, you’re a servant to God.
• Just because you’re saved that doesn’t mean the enemy wont try to use you as a pawn.
• Ask yourself if you are being used as a pawn to advance another’s agenda.
• Who are you yielding to?
“The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”
• Nobody really likes being used but what really matters is who is using you.
• If I’m not being used for the right agenda, then it becomes a bad or evil thing. This is why discernment of good and evil is so important.
• Recognize when someone is being used to steal, kill, and destroy.
“Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.”
• Satan has been a murderer since the beginning of time.
• Genesis 2:17 shows us that satan has been a liar from the beginning of time.
• When you’ve been lied to, it is satan who used them as a pawn.
• What if we began praying for someone’s freedom when we realize that they are a pawn of the enemy.
• Stop letting the enemy use you. Just because he used you in your past this doesn’t mean that you have to continue to yield to yourself as a vessel to him.
• Don’t fill your house with words that if the same words were spoken in church you would leave.
“In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother. For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother’s righteous. Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.”
1 John 3:10-13
• Let God use your life to advance His Kingdom seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
• Don’t let the enemy neutralize you and keep Jesus silent in you.