“And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down. And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.”
• We have been in a time that Jesus foretold of called the beginning of sorrows.
• These are the “birth pains” of the earth foretelling of the end of time.
“Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.”
• The word of God is alive. It is not a history book that points to past events alone. The Bible is also a book of prophesy. The word of God is being manifested and coming to pass…we are currently living IN the Bible days!
• What separates Jesus from any other prophet is that every aspect of his life was foretold of before he was ever conceived. (Hebrews 10:7)
• For every prophesy that indicated that Jesus was coming there are eight that tell us he s coming again.
• We’ve studied the Satan wants control of three domains: Religious, Economical, and Political. We’ve also recently studied “Faith in the Fire” and “Praying the Word”. Amos 3 says that nothing would come upon the earth before it is revealed to His prophet. We’ve been prepared for this season.
• The body of Christ must know what is written and speak the Word of God over our 40! We’ve been given the authority to speak the word according to Psalm 50:16
• In this passage, Jesus mentions “keys to knowledge”. Things in the Bible were sealed until the end times: “But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.” Daniel 12:4
• Based on Pastor’s study, these are The “Keys” to Knowledge that he has discovered in the word:
1) The Holy Spirit (John 16:13)
2) Let the Bible teach the Bible (Isaiah 28:10)
3) Use the Old and New Testament (Matthew 13:52)
4) Discover the Patterns in the Word (Psalms 40:7, Hebrews 10:7)
5) Always look for Jesus (John 5:39)
“Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts. For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:”
• The Word is compared to milk, honey, bread, and meat…all things we consume. If we want knowledge we must eventually come off the milk.
• This is what will give us strength to go into the field and do battle.
• Studying the word line upon line, precept upon precept, we are able to get a deep understanding of the word.
“Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the Lord, the first, and with the last; I am he.”
• In every generation there is a need for salvation and a need for Jesus. Sometimes we get so comfortable that we forget this.
• A prophetical picture of the last day church was the church of Laodecia.
• There is something about crisis that helps people realize that their life is not as secure as they thought it was. This is where God can take something bad and turn it for good.
• Genesis 5:1-29 details the generations from Adam to Noah. The name in each generation is translated into the condition of man and tells the story of Jesus’ coming. The names defined give us: Man was appointed mortal sorrow but the blessed God shall come down teaching, his death shall bring the despairing comfort and rest.
“And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.”
• Enoch prophesied of judgement coming. He was pointing to the return of Jesus seven generations after Adam and long before Jesus came.
“Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ: Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.”
1 Peter 3:20-22
• Jesus compared his return to God’s long-suffering in the the days of Noah (Matthew 24:37)
• The Lord could have judged the earth at any time but he was long-suffering.
Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.”
2 Peter 3:3-5,8-9
• What God is foretelling will come!
• God is holding back His judgement for the saving of souls.
And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah: And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:”
For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.”
2 Thessalonians 2:7 KJV
“For the mystery of lawlessness (that hidden principle of rebellion against constituted authority) is already at work in the world, [but it is] restrained only until he who restrains is taken out of the way.”
2 Thessalonians 2:7 AMPC
• We are a modern day Methuselah called to advance God’s kingdom until the last soul enters in. At that point, the church will be taken out of the earth and judgement will fall.
• We are here with a purpose.