“For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,”
2 Timothy 1:7-9
• God called you and had purpose for you before you were born. God knew you from the womb! (Jeremiah 1)
• Your existence is evidence of your purpose.
• Creation is a manifestation of God’s intention.
• Everything’s purpose is revealed by its design. You are a purpose with a name!
• Your identity is wrapped up in your purpose.
“For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.”
• In 1 Kings 19, Elijah calls out the fake prophets. A few verses later, he was in a cave feeling depressed and asking God to end his life.
• If we’re not careful, we will look for big moments to define us and for some people, there is no big moment.
• Don’t look at someone else wishing for their life. You don’t know what they are struggling with.
“For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord ; and there is none else.”
• When anything God created operates according to its purpose, it brings God glory.
• If we are not careful, we will think only the big stuff brings Him glory.
“But he himself went a day’s journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree: and he requested for himself that he might die; and said, It is enough; now, O Lord , take away my life; for I am not better than my fathers. And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the Lord . And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord ; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake:”
1 Kings 19:4,11
• You can’t breathe out all the time! You have to have a rhythm of highs and lows to balance life.
• Don’t always look for the wind to break the mountains!
• The still small voice, that’s where He deposits purpose into you.
• Your purpose affects someone else’s life. Your purpose will outlive your days.
• Don’t make your life about one thing, you will miss what God is trying to do.