“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;”
2 Corinthians 10:3-5
• The mind is the arena of faith.
• It is in your mind that you will either succeed or fail.
• You become the product of your thoughts. (Proverbs 23:7)
• If you don’t want something in your life, don’t let it in your heart + mind. (Proverbs 4:23)
• If you want something in your life, get it in your heart + mind.
• Verse 5 of this passage instructs us to cast down images and thoughts that go against the knowledge of God. To cast down thoughts and images that are contrary to the knowledge of God, we must first have knowledge of the Word of God.
“Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.”
• We must be quick to go to God in prayer with our worries, anxiety, sin, etc.
“Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”
• You are promised peace which means nothing in your life is missing or broken. It means you are whole mentally, physically and spiritually. (1 Thessalonians 5:23)
• Peace will keep your heart and mind through Christ Jesus.
“And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.”
“Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee : because he trusteth in thee.”
• Our minds must always be stayed on Jesus!
“As he spake these words, many believed on him. Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
“Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.”
• You must keep your mind on what is true!!
• There may be things in your life that are a fact, but they aren’t truth!”
• Truth will always override a fact.
• Live based on truth!!!!
“Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.”