“And they brought the colt to Jesus, and cast their garments on him; and he sat upon him. And they said unto them even as Jesus had commanded: and they let them go. And certain of them that stood there said unto them, What do ye, loosing the colt? And they went their way, and found the colt tied by the door without in a place where two ways met; and they loose him. And saith unto them, Go your way into the village over against you: and as soon as ye be entered into it, ye shall find a colt tied, whereon never man sat; loose him, and bring him. And if any man say unto you, Why do ye this? say ye that the Lord hath need of him; and straightway he will send him hither.”
Character Keys on how to move the good news forward in Shreveport.
• We have a disease in the church called immobility.
• If we trust that God moves, we can also trust His timing.
• God never stops working.
1. He moves according to His plan.
2. He moves on Humility.
3. He moves on obedience.
Different types of people:
1. Someone who is humble but not obedient. Partial obedience is still disobedience.
2. Someone who is not humble but willing to be obedient.
• Be humble or tumble!
3. Someone who is humble and obedient.
• When God sits down, He is not sitting to rest or become immobile, He is at work on behalf of our life.
• He is sitting down to appoint, and to assign.
• When God takes a seat among us, anything can happen.
• God saved you from something to save you for something.
• God does His best work sitting down.
The Bridge Example:
• If a bridge could talk, it would say that as long as people are getting to the other side, it has fulfilled its purpose.
• It doesn’t care if you walk on it, use it, take advantage of it. It is only purposed to get someone to the other side.
• Just like a bridge, you should have a laid down life (for Christ).
• You, just like the bridge, is merely a vehicle to get people to the other side.
• The colt was merely a bridge. Like the bridge and the colt, we are merely a vehicle to get people to the other side.
“And when he was come into Jerusalem, all the city was moved, saying, Who is this? And the multitude said, This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee.”
• First they praised him, a week later they said to crucify him.
“For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.”
• Jesus came not only to stir the city but to save the city.
• God is looking for a laid down life.
• God will move on the back of humility and obedience.