“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.”
• The enemy doesn’t have any power over your life that you don’t give him.
• All power: all jurisdiction, all authority, all honor, all dominion
“But he, knowing their thoughts, said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falleth. If Satan also be divided against himself, how shall his kingdom stand? because ye say that I cast out devils through Beelzebub. But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.”
Luke 11:17-18, 20
• The pointing of God’s finger demonstrates His authority, His will, and His judgement.
• First, there must be an established authority for the finger to work.
• Jurisdiction gives you the right to point and have what you intended to have with the finger point.
• Authority example: A common person in common clothes does not have the authority to step out in traffic and point their finger and stop traffic. A police officer, however, could do that because they have a badge, uniform and position of authority.
• Jesus has the jurisdiction to step into any domain He choses and point His finger and have his way.
• The enemy will concede the one life that comes out from his domain but He does not want to loose territory.
• Satan wants territory. To do that in your life, he must have control over the three heads of his kingdom.
• The enemy wants us to lock Jesus in a building called church. Satan drove the church into a building while he took over the government.
“And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones. Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains: Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him. And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit, And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes. But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him, And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not. For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit. And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.”
• You can see where the demons pleaded with Jesus. They were ok with leaving the man but they begged Jesus to not make them leave the territory.
• Satan’s desire was to be the Most High God, its why he was kicked out of Heaven. Now he seeks to gain territory in the earth to be god.
“Now when he had ended all his sayings in the audience of the people, he entered into Capernaum. And a certain centurion’s servant, who was dear unto him, was sick, and ready to die. And when he heard of Jesus, he sent unto him the elders of the Jews, beseeching him that he would come and heal his servant. And when they came to Jesus, they besought him instantly, saying, That he was worthy for whom he should do this: For he loveth our nation, and he hath built us a synagogue. Then Jesus went with them. And when he was now not far from the house, the centurion sent friends to him, saying unto him, Lord, trouble not thyself: for I am not worthy that thou shouldest enter under my roof: Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed. For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. When Jesus heard these things, he marvelled at him, and turned him about, and said unto the people that followed him, I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel. And they that were sent, returning to the house, found the servant whole that had been sick.”
• Jesus demonstrated His authority in the political domain by healing the servant of the centurion.
• Jesus has power in the political domain!
“And, behold, there came a man named Jairus, and he was a ruler of the synagogue: and he fell down at Jesus’ feet, and besought him that he would come into his house:”
• Jesus demonstrated His authority in the religious domain by healing Jairus’ daughter.
• Jesus has power in the religious domain!
“And Jesus entered and passed through Jericho. And, behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus, which was the chief among the publicans, and he was rich. And he sought to see Jesus who he was; and could not for the press, because he was little of stature. And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycomore tree to see him: for he was to pass that way. And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house. And he made haste, and came down, and received him joyfully. And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner. And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold. And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.”
• Zacchaeus, the rich man, needed Jesus too. He found salvation through Jesus.
• Jesus has power in the economical domain!
In all three domains that satan seeks to rule, leaders in these domains needed Jesus to fix what they could not fix on their own. Jesus was able to fix it because He has all power: all jurisdiction, all authority, all honor, all dominion.
You are a dominion-heir. Jesus has given you authority and you are not to be oppressed by any system of this world. You have the authority to call on Heaven and see God’s finger point at your situation.