The pattern of God’s Word is always addressing what we have rather than what we don’t have.
We can’t experience God’s blessing when we focus on what we don’t have.
God can pour out His blessing on what remains.
You can only manage what God has already put in your life.
God is focused on The Remnant (what remains). Will we be found faithful?
“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”
2 Chronicles 7:14
- God is addressing who He has. He’s talking about those that remain.
- There is no salvation outside of the name of Jesus.
- Humility= submitting to the Word and Kingdom of God.
- Matthew 6:33.
- You don’t have the power to turn from wickedness until you seek Him first.
- Focus at what remains. God can take the people and what remains in your life to bless your life.
- The enemy that wants us focused on what we don’t have.
- All God needs is The Remnant of His people.
- God has never needed the bigger majority to win anything.
- Matthew 6:9.
- We don’t have the power to leave wickedness without the strength of the Lord.
- Forgiveness of sin= personal. Heal their land= corporate.
- Other people can benefit from our land being healed.
- The real healer is Jesus and all He needs is His people.
- Acts 16.
- God is able to bless everyone just to get to you.
- When there are still people naming the name of Jesus, there is still hope.
Sometimes we go to God with our limited budget. We need a God vision.
God wants to do such great things in our lives that draw the lost to Him.
“Moreover concerning the stranger, which is not of thy people Israel, but is come from a far country for thy great name’s sake, and thy mighty hand, and thy stretched out arm; if they come and pray in this house; Then hear thou from the heavens, even from thy dwelling place, and do according to all that the stranger calleth to thee for; that all people of the earth may know thy name, and fear thee, as doth thy people Israel, and may know that this house which I have built is called by thy name.”
2 Chronicles 6:32-33
- The stranger comes to see what great things God has done.
- Your faith is what draws people in.
- We need the people of God to use His name so He can do great things for His glory.
- Why would a stranger want to follow you to church when you are oppressed, depressed, and in a mess?
- We need to become Kingdom Advancers.
“When thou goest out to battle against thine enemies, and seest horses, and chariots, and a people more than thou, be not afraid of them: for the Lord thy God is with thee, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt. And it shall be, when ye are come nigh unto the battle, that the priest shall approach and speak unto the people, And shall say unto them, Hear, O Israel, ye approach this day unto battle against your enemies: let not your hearts faint, fear not, and do not tremble, neither be ye terrified because of them; For the Lord your God is he that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.”
- Micah 5:2.
- He’s talking to the entire city even though it’s small.
- Micah was prophesying about Jesus.
- God can do something big out of something little.
“And it was so, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle, and went out, and stood in the entering in of the cave. And, behold, there came a voice unto him, and said, What doest thou here, Elijah? And he said, I have been very zealous for the Lord God of hosts: because the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.”
1 Kings 19:13-14
- Focusing on what you’ve lost will send you into depression and into a cave.
- God’s voice drew Elijah out of the cave.
- Any time God asks a question, He already knows the answer.
- We have to transition our mindset from Victim to Victor.
“Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.”
1 Kings 19:18
- God has more leftovers than we think He has. He has things we don’t even see.
- God is always looking at his leftovers (what remains).
- Romans 11:2-5.
- You don’t know what God has already put in His arsenal.
“God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying, Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal. Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.”
- Even in this present time, there is a Remnant left.