Spirit of the Lord | Wisdom |Understanding
Counsel | Might | Knowledge | Fear of the Lord
The anointing of the Holy Spirit comes in seven parts. These seven parts of the anointing are imparted on us only by the Holy Spirit. Every one of these anointings have the power to remove burdens and destroy yokes by the power of God.
Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints, Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers; That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
Isaiah 61:1 (compare to 1 Samuel 10:6)
The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
Acts 10:38 gives Peter’s record of Jesus and message to the Jews.
John 1:46 exposes Nathaniel’s disqualification of Jesus because he was from Nazareth which was an unlikely place for success or anyone noteworthy.
When you say you are a Christian, you are saying that you are anointed like Christ. The title, Christian, was first given to the disciples of Antioch in Acts 11:26 because they were Christ-Like.
To anoint means to rub-off. If you’ve been born again, the oil (of the anointing) is already in you. You are in covenant!
And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord;
Overview of the seven anointings:
- The Spirit of the Lord is the Breath of God. The Ruach of the Lord means the breath of the Lord. When God exhales, his Word comes out.
- 1 Samuel 10:6 (compare to Isaiah 61:1) And the Spirit of the Lord will come upon thee, and thou shalt prophesy with them, and shalt be turned into another man.
- Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
- John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
- Wisdom can be defined as good sense in word, thought and action. There is a prudence about wisdom that allows you to see the outcome about something before it happens. It shows up in the words you say, your thoughts and your actions.
- Exodus 28:3 And thou shalt speak unto all that are wise hearted, whom I have filled with the spirit of wisdom, that they may make Aaron’s garments to consecrate him, that he may minister unto me in the priest’s office.
- James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
- Ephesians 1:17-19 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
- Colossians 1:9-11 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;
- Understanding is when you have a comprehension to the point of application.
When you hear a word and you don’t understand, the enemy has stollen that word. No-one can take a word that you understand. When you don’t understand, you can’t do it.
- Exodus 31:3 – And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship,
- Comprehension to the point of understanding. (Also see Colossians 1:9)
- Knowledge is a one-ness with information or “knowing” something. It is an intimate term that has power because once you know something, you can’t “unknow” it. You cannot be separated from what you know. You can be delivered from it but you can’t un-know it.
- Counsel is found in God’s word. Talebearers are are not anointed to give you counsel. You have to be discerning about who you receive counsel from.
- Exodus 18:19 Hearken now unto my voice, I will give thee counsel, and God shall be with thee: Be thou for the people to God-ward, that thou mayest bring the causes unto God:
- Psalms 33:10-11 The Lord bringeth the counsel of the heathen to nought: he maketh the devices of the people of none effect. The counsel of the Lord standeth for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations.
- Psalms 119:24 Thy testimonies also are my delight and my counsellors.
- Proverbs 11:13-14 A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter. Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.
- Proverbs 15:22 Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellors they are established.
- Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
- Might is unlimited. It means, force!
- Deuteronomy 3:24 O Lord God , thou hast begun to shew thy servant thy greatness, and thy mighty hand: for what God is there in heaven or in earth, that can do according to thy works, and according to thy might?
- Ephesians 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
- Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
- Colossians 1:11 Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;
- Fear of the Lord is to have reverence for God. You can’t fear and revere God until you are in awe of Him. Only then can you know Him. Fear of Him is the beginning of knowledge.
- Proverbs 8:13-14 The fear of the Lord is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate. Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength.
- Psalms 33:8 Let all the earth fear the Lord : let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.
- Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
- Psalms 96:9 O worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness: fear before him, all the earth.
- Psalms 135:20 Bless the Lord , O house of Levi: ye that fear the Lord , bless the Lord.
- Psalms 111:9-10 He sent redemption unto his people: he hath commanded his covenant for ever: holy and reverend is his name. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.
- Proverbs 23:17 Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the Lord all the day long.
- Proverbs 22:4 By humility and the fear of the Lord are riches, and honour, and life.