October 11, 2020
Remnant = a small remaining quantity of something.
The enemy specializes in getting us to focus on what we don’t have or what we should have. God specializes in working miracles of what remains in our lives.
“Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon. And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us. But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me. But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children’s bread, and to cast it to dogs. And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table. Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.”
· Every time Jesus does something it’s a setup and intentional.
· All we need is a Remnant to rise up in our family, our city, and our nation.
· We can’t be discouraged of all that is occurring around us. God can use YOU, He doesn’t need the majority.
· Vs. 27 – the dogs eat of the remnant, the scraps, the leftovers.
· The leftover is still bread. The crumbs are still part of the bread, and God blesses the crumbs from the bread.
· The crumbs offer as much power as the full loaf when God places His blessing on it.
· The daughter was made well by the remains.
· Just because it’s left-overs doesn’t mean God is not in it.
· The path to God is narrow and few follow it.
· It’s God’s blessing on your life that secures you, not the crowd!
· God does not see as man sees. Those overlooked are seen by God.
· Psalms 123:1-6
· Setbacks set up the remnant for comebacks! Look at what you have remaining. God always uses what remains.
· Even if your faith is as small as a mustard seed, it still has potential.
· You can take a seed and do the right thing with it and God can multiply it.
· Seed never loses its potential.
“These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
“Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him. And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them. And he spake this parable unto them, saying, What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it? And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost. I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.”
· Jesus will not be satisfied until the lost sheep is brought home.
· Never discount your value to The Father.
· Don’t ever think there is not enough left in your life for God to save you.
· What we have does not add value to our life. God doesn’t want us for the things we have.
· Be careful not to compare and compete with others,
“For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;”
1 Corinthians 1:26-27
· God will use people that are weak to confound the mighty.
· God can do anything in your life that you are not willing to take credit for.
· Don’t believe the naysayers.
“And Israel beheld Joseph’s sons, and said, Who are these? And Joseph said unto his father, They are my sons, whom God hath given me in this place. And he said, Bring them, I pray thee, unto me, and I will bless them. Now the eyes of Israel were dim for age, so that he could not see. And he brought them near unto him; and he kissed them, and embraced them. And Israel said unto Joseph, I had not thought to see thy face: and, lo, God hath shewed me also thy seed. And Joseph brought them out from between his knees, and he bowed himself with his face to the earth. And Joseph took them both, Ephraim in his right hand toward Israel’s left hand, and Manasseh in his left hand toward Israel’s right hand, and brought them near unto him. And Israel stretched out his right hand, and laid it upon Ephraim’s head, who was the younger, and his left hand upon Manasseh’s head, guiding his hands wittingly; for Manasseh was the firstborn. And he blessed Joseph, and said, God, before whom my fathers Abraham and Isaac did walk, the God which fed me all my life long unto this day, The Angel which redeemed me from all evil, bless the lads; and let my name be named on them, and the name of my fathers Abraham and Isaac; and let them grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth. And when Joseph saw that his father laid his right hand upon the head of Ephraim, it displeased him: and he held up his father’s hand, to remove it from Ephraim’s head unto Manasseh’s head. And Joseph said unto his father, Not so, my father: for this is the firstborn; put thy right hand upon his head. And his father refused, and said, I know it, my son, I know it: he also shall become a people, and he also shall be great: but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his seed shall become a multitude of nations. And he blessed them that day, saying, In thee shall Israel bless, saying, God make thee as Ephraim and as Manasseh: and he set Ephraim before Manasseh. And Israel said unto Joseph, Behold, I die: but God shall be with you, and bring you again unto the land of your fathers. Moreover I have given to thee one portion above thy brethren, which I took out of the hand of the Amorite with my sword and with my bow.”
· All intentional – first born blessing comes through the right hand.
· God is always showing us that just because it looks like it’s going a certain way, He never shows favoritism.
· God sees all things and aligns you to receive His blessing.
· The double portion blessing falls on all who are faithful to the Word.
· Just because you’re under someone’s shadow doesn’t mean that God doesn’t know you exist.