“So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.”
- Successful people know how to adapt to the seasons they are in.
- II Timothy 4.
- Psalms 90:10.
- I can’t be wise about my season if I don’t recognize the season I’m in.
- You can only prepare for your next steps by recognizing the season you’re in.
- Where am I in life right now?
“Is there not an appointed time to man upon earth? are not his days also like the days of an hireling? As a servant earnestly desireth the shadow, and as an hireling looketh for the reward of his work:”
- Maturity comes with age and new seasons.
“To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:”
- Too many are operating outside the season of our life they are in.
- It all begins with recognition. Luke 19:41-42 – “had you known.”
- Galatians 4:4.
- What you don’t recognize cannot benefit you.
- If God has given you a purpose, there is a time stamp on your purpose.
- God can use things in our life to keep us where He wants us.
- If there is a purpose for it, there is a time for it.
- A part of maturity is about adapting to the season we are in.
“He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.”
- God makes everything beautiful in His time.
- We’re bad at looking at time and allowing it to disqualify God.
- God is not governed by time, He governs it.
- We make decisions based on the windows we see, but God sees the whole picture.
- Don’t make permanent decisions based on temporary situations.
“Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away. Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.”
- He will prosper because he is planted in the Word.
- Seasons don’t change the amount of time we should be in the Word.
- Wind makes your roots go deeper.
- In every season, God is doing something.
- Philippians 4:12.
- Many people only know how to be instructed during the “mountain top” days.
- God is faithful in every season
- He is God in all seasons of life (good and bad). He is faithful in every season.
“And I will make them and the places round about my hill a blessing; and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing.”
- Jeremiah 29:11 – the chapter is under Babylonian rule.
- Keep living, trust God, and keep advancing the Kingdom.
- Showers of blessings come in His season.