“But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:”
- When you read about the righteousness of God, it gives you right standing with God.
- Romans 3:10 – there is no righteousness in and of ourselves.
- Romans 6:23.
- Romans 3:23.
- There is a death debt all of mankind owes to God.
- Jesus’ death paid the debt!
- Psalms 23.
Rightness = I’m represented.
Righteousness = God is represented.
Your rightness can alienate people from your life. True righteousness draws people to Him.
The quality of your life will never go beyond the quality of the relationships in your life.
- Ministry of reconciliation – the ministry every believer has been given.
“A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked.
I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.”
Psalms 37:16, 25
- III John 2.
- Those in relationship with Him are His seed.
- A righteous man is a child of God.
- When you have this understanding, it will cause you to stop comparing and competing with other people.
- Freedom comes when you understand the righteousness of God.
“Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.”
- Proverbs 15:28.
- II Cor. 10:4.
- God wants us to have a prepared life, but we must study/process before we answer. We have to be slow to speak.
- When you get caught up defending yourself, you cannot be a representation of God.
People first judge our flesh before they can ever judge our spirit.
“Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom. But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish. For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.”
- You don’t have to know everything.
- Peace comes from sowing peace.
- Matthew 5:9.
- Our objective is reconciliation.
“To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: For there is no respect of persons with God.”
“To those who by patient persistence in well-doing [springing from piety] seek [unseen but sure] glory and honor and [the eternal blessedness of] immortality, He will give eternal life. But for those who are self-seeking and self-willed and disobedient to the Truth but responsive to wickedness, there will be indignation and wrath. [And] there will be tribulation and anguish and calamity and constraint for every soul of man who [habitually] does evil, the Jew first and also the Greek (Gentile). But glory and honor and [heart] peace shall be awarded to everyone who [habitually] does good, the Jew first and also the Greek (Gentile). For God shows no partiality [undue favor or unfairness; with Him one man is not different from another]. [Deut. 10:17; II Chron. 19:7.]”
- When I am not in right standing with God, my conscience is defensive.
- When we honor God and do what He calls us to do, He has our back.
“When mine enemies are turned back, they shall fall and perish at thy presence. For thou hast maintained my right and my cause; thou satest in the throne judging right.”
- If we are in His righteousness, He will prove we are right. We don’t have to prove ourselves!
- Isaiah 48:17-18.
There are rewards to righteousness:
Proverbs 10:2-3, 11, 16, 21, 24, 28, 30, 32.