“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.”
2 Corinthians 10:3-6
• Strongholds are much bigger than what is going on in your own mental warfare.
• Your mind is the arena of faith.
• Until we are made free and gain victory in our own lives, we cannot go out into the world and set others free.
“Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Praying always…”
• The seven anointings are the burden removing, yoke destroying power of God. (Isaiah 10:27) Verse 10 calls us to be strong in the anointing of might.
• The enemy is strategic in his planning so we are to be intentional about spiritual warfare. His experience takes him back into eternity past, much longer than we’ve been around.
• When a mindset or an idea is being re-enforced in every area, that is a stronghold.
• The moment you step into the flesh to fight a spiritual battle, you’ve already lost. You have to get to the cause of why someone is opposing or attacking you.
• You win battles in the realm of the spirit.
• There is not a more powerful position than a born-again believer declaring the Word of God in the authority of the name of Jesus.
“But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord . Then the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth. See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant. Moreover the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, Jeremiah, what seest thou? And I said, I see a rod of an almond tree. Then said the Lord unto me, Thou hast well seen: for I will hasten my word to perform it.”
• Everybody that knows Jesus is called to preach.
• Listening is vital when you hear the word of God. Remove all distractions, the word is how you arm yourself.
• When you do not have the Word of God in your life, you are a believer, without a weapon going out into the world where the enemy is ready to take you out.
• The Word of God is used in these verses to root out, pull down, destroy, throw down, build and plant.
“Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;”
2 Corinthians 10:5
• You have an assignment on earth, therefore you have an earth suit. Within that earth suit is the real you, your spirit. Your destination after your earth suit dies depends on the decision you made in your mind (soul).
• Man is a triune (3-in-1) being composed of spirit, body, and soul.
• God is triune. The Flesh of God = Jesus, the Mind of God = the Father, and the Spirit of God = the Spirit of God.
• Heaven exists in three parts also. The 1st heaven is earth. The 2nd Heaven is where all spiritual warfare takes place. (Daniel 10) The 3rd Heaven is where God the Father and Jesus reside.
• Before there is change in the earth for power, jurisdiction, and authority, there has to be a change in the second heaven.
• Your body connects you to the earth, your spirit connects you to Heaven, and your mind connects you to the second heaven where all spiritual warfare takes place.
• You cannot walk in victory until you pull down strongholds in your mind therefore liberating your spirit to affect your flesh.
• What is stopping the Holy Spirit from doing a work in the believer through their flesh is their minds.
• You do the most damage when you pray.
• You need God’s word to have the discernment to do battle. Once you know His word, you cast down thoughts that don’t line up with His word.
• Your own mind can lie to you based on what you’ve been feeding it.
“And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye? And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded. Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver. So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed.”
• Jesus is the Word. (John 1:1 + 1 John 5:17 + Luke 24) You can’t separate Him from the Word.
• The Word of God will always prevail.