“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.”
2 Corinthians 10:3-6
• How can I cast down a thought that is against the knowledge of God if I don’t know the knowledge f God. I need to know what thoughts to cast down and what thoughts to accept.
“Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.”
• Biblical wholeness is alignment in my mind, body, and spirit. There is nothing missing and nothing broken. Perfect peace is complete wholeness. (1 Thessalonians 5:23)
• The mind/heart is the place from where all issues flow (Proverbs 4:23) Your mind affects your physical life and your spiritual life.
• The first heaven is the surface of the earth. The third heaven is where the throne of God is. There is a medium called the second heaven. That’s where warfare takes place.
• Your body connects you to earth, when you die it will return to the earth. Your spirit connects you to God, when you die that spirit will return to God. Your mind makes the decision on where it (your soul) will spend eternity. (Ecclesiastes 12:7)
• Example: If a red car cuts you off, don’t be mad at all red cars. It was the driver of the car that cut you off. Your mind is the driver of your life.
• You will become the product of what you think. If you don’t get control of your thought life you cannot get control of your life.
• If you want to get Jesus in your life, you have to get the Word in your life. Jesus is found within the book, the Word of God. (Psalms 40:7, Hebrew 10:7)
• Music needs to be Word + truth based in order to be worship. Keep Jesus in your ear! (John 4:24, John 17:17)
• A pastor is someone who preach and teach, not one or the other. (Jeremiah 3:15)
• The spirit and the Lord are never separated, it has to be true to be worship. (John 16)
• What you are singing and listening to has to have God as the preeminent figure for it to be worship.
• We don’t need to be made emotional about what you’re going through instead of getting to the answer.
• Encourage your kids to listen to worship. What is in their ears matters (For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he…Proverbs 23:7). If you’re listening to mess you will be a mess. We should build a culture that helps our youth to desire pure worship.
“Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.”
• Virtue = anointing/power (Isaiah 10:27)
• You are strengthening a stronghold when you listen to and watch things that reinforce the thought that you need to get rid of.
• In verse 8, we are encouraged to concentrate on things that are: true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of a good report…if there be any virtue (power and anointing)….this all ties back to praise…we are told to think on these things.
“If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.”
• Ask of the Lord in faith and do not waiver.
• Your destiny is never found in your history. When Joseph was sold into Egyptian slavery, he didn’t keep his mind on the pit. He let go of his past and moved on to the palace.
“Then the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth. See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.”
• When you come into God’s house you have to be open to allow things to be rooted out, pulled down and destroyed. You can’t come in only wanting to build and plant. The strongholds have to come down first.
• Is there a stronghold in your mind that needs to be removed.
• Tradition is a stronghold that has cause the Word of God to have no effect: “Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.” Mark 7:13