“When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremiah, or one of the prophets. And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar–jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”
• It is important that we have a revelation of who Jesus is. Only then can we reconcile the world’s ignorance of Jesus.
• Any time you don’t understand something’s purpose, abuse is inevitable.
• If you make church about anything other than Jesus, you have made it about the wrong thing. The word of God is even the revelation of Jesus. The revelation of Jesus is the end result of the ministry of the word and God’s spirit.
• Compare: Matthew 16:19 and Psalms 119:89
• God has given us the keys to the Kingdom that allows us to bind and loose and it shall be so in Heaven and on earth (Matthew 16:19), however, we need to set our mouth in alignment with what God has already spoken because His word is forever settled in Heaven (Psalms 119:89).
• Binding and loosing has been taken out of context. You can call a thing that be not as though it were if you have scripture on it and it doesn’t violate God’s word.
“Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.”
• What we bind and lose on earth has principles. It has to agree with the word.
• When we pray the Matthew 6:9 prayer, we are calling on God’s will to be done in the earth. If it were automatic, Jesus wouldn’t have taught us to pray this way.
• The keys to the kingdom bind and loose. A key opens a door and a key locks a door. You need to know what needs to be opened and what needs to be locked. You cannot lock something you weren’t given the authority to lock and you cannot open something you weren’t given the authority to open.
• We cannot use a key on earth that wasn’t cut in Heaven. To bind on earth, you have to know what’s already been bound in Heaven.
“For ever, O Lord , thy word is settled in heaven.”
• The word of God was already in Heaven and time has allowed it to be unveiled.
• Words were God’s first creation. He used words to create everything after He spoke them. There was no manifestation of anything without God speaking them. He created words to manifest His creative power.
“For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.”
1 John 5:7
“And it shall be, when he sitteth upon the throne of his kingdom, that he shall write him a copy of this law in a book out of that which is before the priests the Levites:”
• For anyone to operate in God’s kingdom, he must know what is written as law (the bible) in God’s kingdom?
• How can we endorse a person who violates the Bible? How could you advance an agenda that violates the word.
“Then Samuel told the people the manner of the kingdom, and wrote it in a book, and laid it up before the Lord . And Samuel sent all the people away, every man to his house.”
1 Samuel 10:25
• Jesus’ authority is in his word!
• In this passage, Samuel told the people the “manner” of the kingdom.
• The word has to be in your heart and your mouth.
“Because I will publish the name of the Lord : ascribe ye greatness unto our God. My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass: Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.”
• His doctrine is His teaching. He sends His word into the earth.
• “So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.”
• Know and pray the word!
• Psalm 149:9 – Execute means to carry out and get done.
• Hosea 4:6 says that we are destroyed for a lack of knowledge. Isaiah 5:13 says we go into bondage for a lack of knowledge.
“Now the days of David drew nigh that he should die; and he charged Solomon his son, saying, I go the way of all the earth: be thou strong therefore, and shew thyself a man; And keep the charge of the Lord thy God, to walk in his ways, to keep his statutes, and his commandments, and his judgments, and his testimonies, as it is written in the law of Moses, that thou mayest prosper in all that thou doest, and whithersoever thou turnest thyself: That the Lord may continue his word which he spake concerning me, saying, If thy children take heed to their way, to walk before me in truth with all their heart and with all their soul, there shall not fail thee (said he) a man on the throne of Israel.”
1 Kings 2:1-4
• David states that as long as the next king does not waiver from the word, he would be successful.
• When we got a new word we got a new set of keys that wouldn’t work.
• Now we walk around asking where is God and when will we hear from Heaven? The answer is, when we get the right set of keys.
• Two keys that every believer needs in their pocket is the name of Jesus and the word of God. When those keys are being excised, the Holy Spirit will enforce what is spoken.
• The right set of keys will bring about the right results.