“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:”
• Our going is directly related to His power. Everywhere we go and in all that we do, we have been given power.
• We have power at work, at home, out in public, wherever we go!
“And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God. And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth: And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.”
• “Most High” refers to the Hebrew name of God el-Elion. It was the name and position that Satan, as Lucifer in heaven, coveted for himself.
• Reference: Hebrews 3:1 – “Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;”
• Melchizedek was a priest. Priest were qualified to be mediators. In those times, a mediator would go to God on man’s behalf and come to man on God’s behalf.
• Today, you don’t need a man to go to God on your behalf, to forgive your sins, or to bless your life. Jesus is your high priest and mediator, he has all that you need.
• John 14:6 says that no man comes to the Father except by Jesus.
• Hebrews 10:19 declares that we can have boldness to come before the throne of God because of Jesus.
• Jesus is not only my access to blessing, healing, and promise but my Father cannot receive of me but through Jesus.
“Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee: And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.”
• God is promising this blessing and it is what we saw in Genesis 14.
• In Genesis 14, Melchizedek is a type of Jesus. He was a priest and a king who blessed Abraham.
• 2 Corinthians 1:20 assures us that every promise that God made in Christ is yes and amen. Our blessings come through Jesus.
• All power (jurisdiction) has been given to us through Jesus. We have a divine connection in the earth to the owner of Heaven and earth.
• When the priest blessed Abraham, he also acknowledged who the blessing came from. The blessing was two-way. There was a blessing to man and an acknowledgement of God, the One who blessed him.
• Abraham turned around and gave a tenth of all that he received from his victory.
“I will cry unto God most high; unto God that performeth all things for me. He shall send from heaven, and save me from the reproach of him that would swallow me up. Selah. God shall send forth his mercy and his truth.”
• Scripture tells us that we don’t have a relationship with the Father outside of Jesus.
• When you give praise to God, recognize that you couldn’t give Him praise or know Him without Jesus. Give Jesus the praise and the credit for what is happening in your life.
• If you are a Christian, thank Jesus because you wouldn’t be able to pray “our Father” without him.
“And Jacob went out from Beer–sheba, and went toward Haran. And he lighted upon a certain place, and tarried there all night, because the sun was set; and he took of the stones of that place, and put them for his pillows, and lay down in that place to sleep. And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it. And, behold, the Lord stood above it, and said, I am the Lord God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed; And thy seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed. And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of. And Jacob awaked out of his sleep, and he said, Surely the Lord is in this place; and I knew it not. And Jacob rose up early in the morning, and took the stone that he had put for his pillows, and set it up for a pillar, and poured oil upon the top of it. And he was afraid, and said, How dreadful is this place! this is none other but the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven. And he called the name of that place Beth–el: but the name of that city was called Luz at the first. And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on, So that I come again to my father’s house in peace; then shall the Lord be my God: And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God’s house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.”
• This dream was telling Jacob that Heaven was touching earth. There was an exchange happening where earth was receiving from Heaven and Heaven was receiving from earth.
• The Lord was saying that He will dispatch angels wherever you are.
• You can exercise Kingdom authority wherever you go. Pray wherever you go and praise wherever you go.
• For all families to be blessed according to this scripture, this blessing and authority has to go to all places.
• The house of God is wherever you hear the word. It is wherever Heaven opens up to you. It is wherever Heaven is touching earth and earth is touching Heaven.
• Jacob’s dream was a revelation of Jesus and his authority in Heaven and in earth. It was Jesus mediating the exchange between Heaven and earth and the dispatching of the angels and the accountability of their return.
• Jacob laid his head on a rock and got a revelation of Jesus. He then anointed the rock (Jesus). When his grandfather Abraham received a revelation of Jesus, he only had Melchizedek but we have Jesus. How much more authority and power should we be walking in?
• Don’t go though each day without using the name of Jesus. Don’t depart from your kids without covering them in blessing. Pray God’s word over your family, finances, health, job, all things.