“Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.”
1 Timothy 1:17
“Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.”
• If you have been born again, you have been translated into the kingdom of God’s son.
“And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.”
• God created us to bear His image and advance His kingdom in the earth.
• What if you were the only representation of God your neighbor ever saw or the only bible your co-worker would ever read.
• What if what God wanted to use you to do in someone’s life didn’t get done because you thought you were insignificant?
“Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet: For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;”
• Kabod – represents the weightiness and essence of God. It is His Glory.
• When the invisible God does something that we know could have only been Him, it is worthy of the response “glory!”
John 2: with this beginning of miracles, He Jeusus manifested His glory.
• Until our lives bring Him glory, we have not fulfilled our purpose.
• The more God reveals to you, the more you can represent Him.
• He reveals Himself to us so that we can be image bearers of Him. We represent Him. God chose to be invisible but He chose for us not to be invisible and to bear His image.
• Luke 9 and 10 reference a mandate where Jesus instructs us to take the kingdom everywhere we go.
“The heaven, even the heavens, are the Lord’s : but the earth hath he given to the children of men.”
• God has delegated the earth to us as subordinate kings in the earth.
“For the Lord taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation. Let the saints be joyful in glory: let them sing aloud upon their beds. Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a twoedged sword in their hand; To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people; To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron; To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the Lord.”
• Hebrews 4:12 – the Word of God is a twoedged sword!
• The Lord gives us the authority to execute the judgement of what is written in His word.
“After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.”
• This is Kingdom living…manifesting a glimpse of Heaven in the earth. To advance the will of Heaven in the Earth, you must know the will of Heaven.
“And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”
• This is the same principle from Matthew 6:10!
• We’ve been given a role in the Earth to advance Heaven.
“I will give you the keys (authority) of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind [forbid, declare to be improper and unlawful] on earth will have [already] been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose [permit, declare lawful] on earth will have [already] been loosed in heaven.”
• We are to bind and loose and declare based on what is already settled in Heaven. Psalms 119:89
• What has God already said about thins thing?
• You must know what the Word is in order to declare it!
• Refer to Matthew 24:35 and 1 John 5:7
• Your purpose is to bring God glory.
• Have people experienced God’s love, mercy, and wisdom because of you?
“Then came to him the mother of Zebedee’s children with her sons, worshipping him, and desiring a certain thing of him. And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom. But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able. And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father. And when the ten heard it, they were moved with indignation against the two brethren. But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them. But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant: Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.”
• The cup in scripture refers to a sacrifice.
• You can’t be ambassadors of Jesus’ kingdom when you have a skewed view of how His Kingdom works.
• God did not desire that man exercise dominion over man. That’s the world’s model. God gave man dominion over the works of his hands, the fish of the sea and the fowl of the air.
• Jesus came and he served his way to the top. This is the Kingdom model, not the corporate model.
• Operate in what the King says about you. Your value is not established by what people say about you, it is established by what God says about you.
• If you want to influence people, serve them.
• Matthew 21:23-25 Jesus was ministering and the priest came to him in verse 23 to ask him where he got authority from. Jesus in turn asked them a question. They could not answer him and so they got no answer from him.
• It is time that we represent an invisible God in a visible world. Use your life to bring Him glory.