When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also.
2 Timothy 1:5
- How intentional are you that your children are inheriting your faith?
- The prodigal son had the prodigal advantage! When he took his inheritance and squandered it, he had the advantage of knowing the life he left behind. Because you don’t know what they may encounter as an adult, give your children this advantage. (Proverbs 22:6)
- There are two ways to get conviction: (1) let the word bring conviction (2) get conviction out in the world. Conviction means that you are convinced, the role of a parent is to convince by the ministering of the Word.
- The process of convincing [and training your child] doesn’t expire at age 18. Eighteen is merely a number that the government came up with as the age of adulthood. Convince them until they leave you and cleave to their spouse.
But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
2 Timothy 3:13-15
- There is no true success until there is succession.
- Jesus honored children: But He said, “Leave the children alone, and do not forbid them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” MATTHEW 19:14 AMP
After these things the word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward. And Abram said, Lord God , what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus? And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.
Genesis 15:1-2, 5
- Abraham was chosen because God knew that he would teach his children.
- Single parents can also break generational curses and create generational blessing. The Lord gives us the family of God within the church and community to help encourage and steward them.
- We should contend for our children. Whoever wants them the most will get them.
And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect. And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly. And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying, As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations. Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee. And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee. And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.
- Everlasting means the covenant is still in tact!
- Job 22 speaks of El shaddai which means “all sufficient one.”
- God doesn’t hide things from you, He hides things FOR you.
- When God reveals something to you, you become His secretary (and friend).
- He will flood your life when you are intentional about the next generation.