“And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.”
1 Timothy 3:16
- John 1:14.
- Analogy of Water (Water that you drink, Steam boiled, Ice when frozen) – one water in three forms.
- The same is true with God. He’s One God in three persons.
“Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:”
- This Scripture says that He declares revelation from Genesis. God declares everything He’s going to do in the beginning.
- He tells you what is going to be before it happens. He speaks what WILL be.
“Produce your cause, saith the Lord; bring forth your strong reasons, saith the King of Jacob. Let them bring them forth, and shew us what shall happen: let them shew the former things, what they be, that we may consider them, and know the latter end of them; or declare us things for to come. Shew the things that are to come hereafter, that we may know that ye are gods: yea, do good, or do evil, that we may be dismayed, and behold it together.”
- “Show us what’s going to happen.”
- God stands outside of time.
- Ecclesiastes 1:9.
“In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.”
- What separates God in His deity is He does nothing on the cuff.
- Integrity to the Word that God established it all from the beginning.
- The first creation was time.
- His deity was established from the beginning: Vs. 1 – God, Vs. 2 – Spirit, Vs 3 – “And God Said” = Word of God.
- The Spirit moves on His Word.
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.”
- The Beginning was The Word!
- “Him” – points to The Word (pronoun).
- You cannot separate God from His Word.
Genesis 1 – And God Said!
- Without the Word was not anything made that was made.
- His Word was His creative power.
- Everything He created, He created with His Word.
“And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.”
- He saw everything He said!
- He was what He says.
Trinity – Tri Unity = One God in Three Persons.
Scripture examples: Isaiah 45:18, Deuteronomy 6:4, Mark 12:29, James 2:19.
“And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”
- 4,000 years after being foretold, Jesus steps in the scene.
- There was no other son.
The Number 3 signifies something that is escalating…something that is coming to pass.
The trinity is not some diluted version of God.
Jesus is the manifested Word of God.
God had already planned to send His son from the very beginning.
- Psalms 8 – Why is God mindful of man?
- II Corinthians 5:17.