“But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils. And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand: And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand? And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges. But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.”
• The religious crowd wanted to discredit Jesus.
• There is an order and ranks in Satan’s kingdom. The crowd referred to Jesus as the prince of devils. There is a chief and principalities that govern and give oversight to territories. Satan does not want to lose territory.
• A higher, more powerful Kingdom is operating if devils are being cast out (expelled)…the Kingdom of God has come
• No enemy of God that can withstand the power of THE KINGDOM
• We must learn to operate in Kingdom Authority
• The only explanation for what the religious crowd witnessed is that the Kingdom of God had come to them.
• We may or may not recognize the spiritual warfare that goes on in our homes
• “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10)
• So much that goes on in our lives is the hand of the enemy, it is very real but many can’t recognize it.
“Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.”
• “Wiles” of the devil are the “strategies” of the devil.
• The enemy is strategic, he forms weapons that are catered to the one he is attacking.
• “No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord , and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.” (Isaiah 54:17)
• We must learn to do warfare with the word.
• The reality of God’s Word is more real to me than my own reality.
“Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
• You can’t be a conqueror if you didn’t conquer anything.
• Nothing can separate us from the love of God…NOTHING
• These are all realities
“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,”
Ephesians 6:12, 14-19
• Notice the structure illustrated in Satan’s Kingdom. Although we like to blame flesh and blood, we don’t wrestle against flesh and blood but against this structure. We must look past flesh and blood.
• There may be people in your life that the enemy knows he can count on to advance his agenda in your life.
• Whether you know this or not, doesn’t change its reality.
• Be a Kingdom Heir
• The Sword of the Spirit (Word of God) is our only offensive weapon.
• We can’t fight without the Word!
“For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me. And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.”
2 Corinthians 6-10
• This “thorn” in Paul’s flesh was given to him as a gift to keep him focused on Jesus.
• Messenger = angel
• Paul is dealing with messages from the enemy, which are always sent to steal, kill, and destroy.
• If you don’t know what thoughts you’re dealing with, you don’t know how to fight.
• If we are not careful, we let the enemy us our mouths as his mouthpiece
• We can become pawns which is what the enemy wants for us.
• The Lord tells Paul he’s not going to remove it.
• Victory is not found in God removing the enemy, its in Him giving you more power than the enemy.
• If He removes Paul’s enemy, Paul’s victory would be against nothing.
• You won’t get victory because God removed the enemy, it will be because you learned how to operate in Kingdom Authority.
“Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:”
• Delivered because we have jurisdiction
• We may walk in darkness but it will not have jurisdiction over us.
• How do you live?
• Darkness has no authority over you, you’ve been translated (transferred) into the Kingdom!
“In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:”
• We point our hardship at what we see and miss those things we can’t see.
• There is nothing the enemy is using that Jesus is not superior to.
“And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.”
• Through the cross, Jesus showed up principalities and powers.
• Spoiled means emptied of his power.
• No weapon formed against you shall prosper.
• Many don’t know how to fight. We are to use the Word!