“What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:”
• God made man to have dominion.
• Glory & honor were lost when sin entered in the garden.
• Jesus came to restore the glory that was lost.
• When the Lord gives you dominion, He is delegating authority.
• The act of delegating is an act of honor.
• God has much bigger plans for us than we think.
“Wherefore the Lord God of Israel saith, I said indeed that thy house, and the house of thy father, should walk before me for ever: but now the Lord saith, Be it far from me; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed.”
1 Samuel 2:30
• Biblical authority is the right to command and to be obeyed
• If you want the keys to the kingdom you have to honor the king.
“How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?”
• Man is limited in what he can delegate to you but God is unlimited.
• Seek the jurisdiction that only God can give you.
• You can’t be a subordinate king if you don’t honor the King
“He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me. He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet’s reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man’s reward. And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.”
• Verse 40 shows delegation.
• Our lives should honor and reflect Jesus and therefore, God also.
• Honor those God put above, beside and beneath you. Honor goes up, out, and down.
• God wants to use you as a pipe line to enrich other people’s lives.
• The church should be a blessing to its community, not a drain.
• Don’t be selfish to the point that you don’t allow the Lord to give you more than just enough for you but also enough for someone else.
• When God blesses us, we are able to bless others.