Unseen War Volume 2: Kings & Pawns
Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.
2 Corinthians 5:20
• There is a difference in living as a pawn versus living with purpose, realizing that your purpose is greater than your day to day existence.
• We need to begin living and seeing life knowing that Jesus is above all.
• Before you can find your purpose you have to define the problem you have been called to.
• The knowledge we get from the Word and the experiences we have directly affect the communities we are in.
• We are in the world but are not of the world.
• When Jesus established the church, He established a solution to a problem.
• Everyone of us are called to solve a problem. When you have discovered the problem you were meant to solve, you have found your purpose.
• We have to get outside the walls of the church and take the message of Jesus to the streets.
• Matthew 16:18 – Jesus began solving the problem that caused him to form the church, He first dealt with who the disciples thought He was. The church was built to reconcile the lost to Christ.
• Sometimes we may wonder why God is not moving but He has given all authority to His kings! You have the keys to the Kingdom, start binding and loosing and it will be done!
• We are in the world but we’re not of the world.
• Don’t allow Satan to use you as a pawn to advance his agenda to still, kill, and destroy.
• Know that the bounds and borders of God’s dominion cannot be found. For example, you don’t have to send your prayers to God only at church. You can pray at home, in your car, or anywhere because God has dominion and jurisdiction everywhere.
He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.
• He is above all, not just on Sunday. There is no name higher, He is Lord in Heaven and Lord in the earth and there are no bounds and limits to His power.
• If you are going to live as a king you have to recognize that you are a dominion-heir.
• We are bold in church but tuck our bibles and our Jesus under our arms out in the world. We cannot represent the Kingdom of God and not share it with the world.
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
• The word “power” in greek is exousia which means jurisdiction.
• Our going and what we do is directly related to the power that Jesus has.
• Luke 10:19 says we have power (exousia) over all the power (dunamis) of the enemy. “Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.”
• God doesn’t disarm the enemy or give us more power, He gives us jurisdiction over the power the enemy has.
• Though the enemy has power, the believer decides where he can use it.
• Once your name was written in Heaven you because an ambassador of the King.
• Wherever you give God dominion His will is done.
Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son’s name, if thou canst tell? Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
• God is saying here that he is in complete control.
• Until you get the right answer for who He is to you, you can’t change the world.
• You’ve never gone to a place where God did not keep you, provide for you, bless you, and protect you.
• When you were a pawn in the world for other people’s agenda, you were only used up and then discarded.
• Wherever you go as a kingdom-heir you have the endorsement of King Jesus. Goodness and mercy will follow you all the days of your life! He is your forerunner and your rear-guard, whom shall you fear?
But that it spread no further among the people, let us straitly threaten them, that they speak henceforth to no man in this name. And they called them, and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus. But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye. For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard. So when they had further threatened them, they let them go, finding nothing how they might punish them, because of the people: for all men glorified God for that which was done. For the man was above forty years old, on whom this miracle of healing was shewed. And being let go, they went to their own company, and reported all that the chief priests and elders had said unto them. And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is: Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things? The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ. For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together, For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done. And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word, By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus. And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.
• When the disciples were threatened, they asked the Lord for more boldness to speak His word and He gave it to them.
• We should be asking for more boldness to speak His word everyday and take it into all places, not just the church.