September 23, 2020
Remnant = what is left over, what remains.
In a society where we are trained there is strength in numbers, that is not the case with the Kingdom.
God has always used the remnant to do a great thing.
“Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.”
- I’d rather be numbered with the few and find life than be numbered with the great and find death.
- We live in a world that values the many, verses the few.
- Our flesh seeks out popularity and acceptance.
- God always uses what remains to do amazing things.
- The value of life does not rest in the “all”.
- With God nothing is proportional !
- All God needs is a remnant to do supernatural things !
- With the mindset of us trying to qualify ourselves, we fall short.
“After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come. Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest. Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.”
- God does not give us assignments based on our proportion and ability.
- You can allow the size of the harvest to keep you from laboring/reaping it.
- If you had all the wisdom, you wouldn’t need God!
- He has already equipped and empowered you for your assignment.
“What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?”
- Quit trying to compare what you have and don’t have.
- Luke 4:17
- His anointing is greater than anything that comes against us.
- The Story of Nazareth
- John 6 / Mark 6
- God always direct our attention to what we do have and not what we don’t have.
- Elijah – sent to the women/all she had
- God doesn’t need the barrel full, He just needs the remains.
- Man sinned because they focused on what they didn’t have.
- Psalm 126
- You can’t make a decision on what you don’t have, but on what you do have.
Feeding the 5,000
- God used the fish and loaves from the boy who wasn’t included in the 5,000. Only the men were numbered, not the women and children.
- Will we be the only one that remains?
- The disciples were more focused on what they didn’t have.
- God is looking for those that have not even been counted!
Story of David
- David was the 8th son of Jesse.
- When Samuel came to visit Jesse’s son, to anoint them king, David was left in the fields. He wasn’t counted or included in the line up for Samuel to chose from.
- David was the left over; the youngest of the sons to Jesse.
- God is always looking for the Remnant!
There is a call on the Remnant and we must answer the call.
Quit counting and comparing yourself to others.
Jesus said to go after the least of these.
“And when they were come to the multitude, there came to him a certain man, kneeling down to him, and saying, Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatic, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water. And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him. Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me. And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour. Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out? And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.”