“I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;”
2 Timothy 4:1-3
• There is something about a trial that will make the main thing the main thing again!
• Be instant in and out of season…when we can gather and when we can’t gather.
• “Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.” 1 Corinthians 15:58
• This is an opportunity for the body of Christ to rise up and declare the Word of God!
• Stop saying “Oh me” and say “Amen” to the promises of God! “
• In Isaiah 53:1, the question is asked “Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?” The arm of the Lord will be revealed to them that believe the report.
• FEAR is nothing more than False Evidence Appearing Real. Threats and issues may be real but they don’t have to have power over us. Just because “its” out there, “it” doesn’t have to get you!
• The word of God doesn’t change just because our situation or position changes.
“I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”
• I am instructed: When you don’t have the word of God in your life, you don’t know how to go through things.
• Everything we go through will not be tailor made for us. When things are not going our way, will we still be who God called us to be? Are you still the head and not the tail? Are you still above only and never beneath?
• Jehosephat put confidence in two things, the name of the Lord, and the word of the Lord.
“This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience, Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me. Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.”
2 Timothy 3:1-2,10-17
• The word knowledge represents a conviction and oneness in truth. This is demonstrated in Genesis 4 where Adam knew Eve and she conceived and bear a son. This verse in 2 Timothy shows that in the last days, people will be ever learning but not have the knowledge of God.
• When we stand on the word, believe it and have hope in the word of God we become one with the word in these perilous times. Adversity will make you one with God.
• When times are hard, you’ve got to stick with what you’ve learned.
• If the body of Christ is broken and defeated, how will the world receive hope.
• We cannot be defeated. Let the word of faith come out of your mouth and confuse the enemy.
• “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.” Isaiah 26:3 – When our mind is really on Jesus, we should walk in peace.
• We are living epistles. The living word. Our lives need to reflect the glory and goodness of God. We need to be medicine to the people around us.
• The enemy wants us all offended at each other and eventually at God.
• There are many believers who only have a physical connection with Jesus and no spiritual connection. John 6:26-29 gives an account of people who only followed Jesus for the bread he gave them, not for him or the miracles he did. Don’t let this be you!
• What will we convey to the Lord in hard times?
• God looks at the remnant who is ready to be used for His kingdom!
• Rise up! This is the threshold to revival!
Declaration of Psalm 91 over your life:
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord , He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked. Because thou hast made the Lord , which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet. Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.
Declaration of 2 Chronicles 20:9 over your life:
If, when evil cometh upon us, as the sword, judgment, or pestilence, or famine, we stand before this house, and in thy presence, (for thy name is in this house,) and cry unto thee in our affliction, then thou wilt hear and help.
2 Chronicles 20:9