“Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all; But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.”
- Ecc. 3:1-11.
- Our lives have purpose and along with that purpose comes a time stamp.
- The length of our days doesn’t matter, what we’ve done with our days is what matters.
“And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there: And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage. And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.”
- Jesus understood time.
- Jesus was sensitive to timing.
- Jesus could do the miracle but the timing wasn’t right.
- There are a lot of things we can do, but it doesn’t mean we should do it.
“For there is no man that doeth any thing in secret, and he himself seeketh to be known openly. If thou do these things, shew thyself to the world. For neither did his brethren believe in him. Then Jesus said unto them, My time is not yet come: but your time is alway ready.”
- Through wisdom Jesus recognized His purpose, but timing of execution is essential.
- Proverbs 3:5-7.
- Directing a path has as much to do with timing as the direction itself.
“And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour. Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour. Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.”
- Jesus not only knows the meaning but He knows the time.
- Galatians 4:4.
- Know your purpose and recognize that timing to carry out your purpose.
- Too many believers understand purpose but don’t understand timing.
- We were created for such a time as this.
You need a revelation of your purpose, and the wisdom to know the timing.
“These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.”
- It was now time to make Himself known.
- If Jesus had a time for His purpose, we must know our time too.
- Time must be managed for what is given to me.
How do I adapt to my Season?
“Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days.
He that observeth the wind shall not sow; and he that regardeth the clouds shall not reap.”
Ecclesiastes 11:1, 4
- What you are doing today shows up in your future.
- If you are so caught up in what is going on around you, you can’t adapt to the season you are in
“In the morning sow thy seed, and in the evening withhold not thine hand: for thou knowest not whether shall prosper, either this or that, or whether they both shall be alike good.”
- You don’t know what will prosper.
- Put your seed in the ground. Sow through the ground
- If you’re letting the seasons dictate your faith, you will never live out your faith.
“I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them. This wisdom have I seen also under the sun, and it seemed great unto me:”
- There is no perfect script.
- Jesus was always doing something, but He knew what to do and when.
- God knows how to orchestrate things in the right timing.
- What if the script you wrote never happened?
“Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.”
- Psalms 102:13 – the set time is come.
- Romans 13:11 – awake out of sleep.
- II Cor. 6:2 – accepted time of salvation.
- Psalms 39:4-7 – know thy end.
- II Kings 20, 21 – get your house in order, make the most of the time.