“I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope. My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning.”
- Biblically waiting is not what we see in our culture.
- Habakkuk 2.
- Write, Run, and Wait.
- Relationships come into your life to advance the vision God has given you.
- No Faith will manifest without corresponding action.
- Discouragement sets in when it looks like things are going backwards.
- When you wait wrong, you wait long!
- Some of us are not waiting right.
- When we lose hope, we lose discipline. Where there is no vision, there is no discipline.
- The enemy wants us in a place of hopelessness.
- Proverbs 29:18.
- When there is no vision, I unbuckle what holds me down.
- Hebrews 11:1.
- Hope is the blueprint to Faith. The enemy doesn’t need to wreck your faith, just your hope.
- I Corinthians 15:58.
- The word gives me hope so I can wait.
- Isaiah 54:13.
- If I am struggling in this waiting season then I need a word related to my struggle.
“A man hath joy by the answer of his mouth: and a word spoken in due season, how good is it!”
- If I am going to have joy in my life, I need to know how to answer things.
- The joy of the Lord is my strength…
- I am strengthened when I have answers from His Word.
- Count it all joy…
- It’s an equation…calculated joy.
- Due Season…
- All of us receive the Word differently based on what season we are in.
- Sometimes God has to bring us into a different season to get the Word God wants us to receive.
“Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.”
- When we worry about tomorrow, we have wasted today.
- We are trying to figure out what God has already worked out.
- Don’t sacrifice today for the sake of tomorrow.
“To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God: And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.”
“When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.”
- They wanted Jesus to bring the Kingdom home.
- God controls seasons…it’s His power.
“In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem.”
- You have to search for your Word.
- Daniel dug into the Word (Jeremiah).
- Jeremiah 29:11…that’s what Daniel was reading.
- Daniel was moved by the Word. He found his hope in the Word.
- Daniel 12:8-10…blessed is he that waits.
There may be seasons we cannot change, but by the Word of God we pray the season does not change us!