Psalm 127:3-5 KJV
 Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord : and the fruit of the womb is his reward.  As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.  Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.
Children are God’s homework assignment for parents.
Assignment Description: Making Arrows
For an arrow to be effective, it must be three thing:
1- Straight: the only way our lives can be straight is by salvation in Jesus Christ.
2- Balanced: Gods a Word gives balance. Children must be taught the Word of God.
3- Razor sharp: In order for children to become sharp enough to be used as instruments for the furthering of God’s kingdom, we must teach them to know Jesus and to live under the total control of the Holy Spirit.
Every child has the potential to be an effective arrow. It is the job of the parent to raise them from birth to maturity so that at the end of it, they can hand them over to God as an instrument for His kingdom.
The Assignments Priority
Deuteronomy 6:4-7 KJV
 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord :  And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.  And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:  And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
Deut. 6- There are 4 times a day we are called to teach our children: When they wake up, when they are in the house, when they are out of the house, and when they lie down. Thats all the time!
First priority in life should be to love the Lord our God.
When we leave this world behind, we leave the next generation in our stead. We must raise them to know and live by the same principles in God’s word. If we don’t they will be burned by the false philosophies the world has to offer them.
The Assignments Process: Kingdom Education
Biblical Principles for Achieving Kingdom Education
1. The education of children and youth is the primary responsibility of parents.
(Ps. 127:3, Deut. 6:7-9, Deut. 11:19, Ps. 78:4-5, Prov. 22:6, Mal. 2:15, Eph. 6:4)
2. The education of children and youth is a 24-hour-a-day, 7-days-a-week process that must take place from birth through maturity.
(Deut. 6:7, Deut. 11:19, Prov. 22:6)
3. The education of children and youth must have as it’s primary goals the salvation and discipleship of the next generation.
(Matt. 28:19-20, Ps. 78:6-7)
4. The education of children and youth must be based on God’s Word as the absolute truth.
(Matt. 24:35, Ps. 119:89, Isa. 40:8)
5. The education of children and youth must hold Christ preeminent in all of life.
(Col. 2:3, Luke 11:52, Col 2:6-10)
6. The education of children and youth must not hinder the spiritual and moral development of the next generation.
(Matt. 18:6, Matt. 19:13-14, Mark 10:13-16, Luke 18:15-17)
7. The education of children and youth, if and when delegated to other by parents, must be done by teachers chosen with the utmost care to ensure that they all follow these principles.
(Ex. 18:21, 1 Sam 1:27-28, 1 Sam 3:1-10, Ex. 18:21)
8. The education of children and youth results in the formation of lifestyles or worldviews that will be patterned after the belief systems or worldview of their teachers.
(Luke 6:40, Phil. 4:9)
9. The education of children and youth must lead to true wisdom by connecting all knowledge to a biblical worldview frame of reference.
(Prov. 4:5-7, Prov. 9:10, Ps. 19:1, Rom. 1:20, Col. 2:3)
10. The education of children and youth must have a view of the future that includes the eternal perspective.
(Col. 3:1-2, Col. 3:23-24, Matt. 6:19-21, Heb. 11:13, 2 Tim 4:6-8, Acts 20:24)
The Assignments Grade: Pass or Fail
Example of Saul…
1 Samuel 15:11 KJV
 It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king: for he is turned back from following me, and hath not performed my commandments. And it grieved Samuel; and he cried unto the Lord all night.
Saul failed his assignment from God because he only half obeyed.
3 John 1:4 KJV
 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
Whoever wants the next generation the most will get them.