“To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:”
• If it has a purpose, there is a timestamp attached to it.
• There is no time in heaven because eternity cannot be measured.
• The timing of a thing determines how we celebrate it.
• Your future is already inside of you! It just takes time for it to unveil.
– A seed could turn into a forest if managed right!
– Think of a child who is strong-willed. If directed in the right place, that strong will could be great for sticking to convictions and walking unmoved into their purpose.
• The Winter season, though wet and dreary, is necessary for the success of the Spring season.
“For there is no man that doeth any thing in secret, and he himself seeketh to be known openly. If thou do these things, shew thyself to the world. For neither did his brethren believe in him. Then Jesus said unto them, My time is not yet come: but your time is alway ready.”
• Jesus knew what time it was.
• The season may look bleak but there will be a new season eventually.
• You may be like the tool that’s been hanging in a shed waiting to be used. One day, there will be a use that only you’ve been created for. You will be pulled from the shelf!
• Don’t disconnect your purpose from timing.
• It is in the secret place that you are being prepared.
“And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified.”
• Just because you’re supposed to do something, it doesn’t mean you’re supposed to do it right now.
– Something out of time can hurt you.
“These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:”
• What did you get done with the purpose and the time that God gave you?
• 2 Timothy 4:7, our lives need to finish the course. It doesn’t matter how long we live, it matters that we complete the assignment.
• Time is money but purpose is the steward.
• Your purpose is in control of your time.
• Let purpose dictate how you spend your time.
“See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,”
• You don’t know how much time you have.
• If what you are doing does not advance your purpose, it is a waste of time.
• If what you are doing does not fit your purpose, it is a waste of time.
“Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest. I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.”
• We’ve all wasted money but the beauty is that we can make more of it. We can never make more time.