“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.”
2 Corinthians 10:3-6
• You have to know the Word of God to cast down thoughts that are not in line with the word of God.
• Hosea 4:6 – God’s people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.
• Isaiah 5:13 – God’s people are gone into captivity because they have no knowledge.
• Man has the ability to create what he has imagined.
• If you can win it in the mind, you can win it in life!
• Your thoughts about your life and circumstances will lead you to your actions even if the thought is not accurate.
• If the enemy wanted to control the way you act, all he has to do is control the way you think. We become the product of what we think.
• Proverbs 23:7 – as a man thinks, so is he – We will become the product of what we think. Proverbs 4 tells us to guard our heart because nothing makes its way into our lives without first coming through our heart.
• Thoughts dictate actions. A repeated action becomes your habit. What you do habitually is what you are known by. It is your character. You cannot change your character until you change your habits and your thoughts. It all starts with a thought. Your destiny is dictated by your thought life.
• You’ve got to make a habit of getting in God’s word. In John 8:31, Jesus says His disciples are the ones who continue in His word.
“And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the Lord searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever.”
1 Chronicles 28:9
• Could we be guilty of wanting theLord to judge us on actions performed at a certain time? Could we have an expectation for the Lord to bless our lives based on what we did Sunday or the time we got it right?
• Fear, worry, and anxiety can become habitual and control your destiny.
• God does not give us what we want, He gives us what we can manage. He can’t make you a millionaire if you cannot manage twenty dollars.
• Your character is what sets the ceiling of your life.
• You cannot change your life until you change your habits. “I CANNOT CHANGE MY LIFE UNTIL I CHANGE MY HABITS!” You cannot change your habits until you change your vision. Your vision works on both ends of this. You will not change your vision until you’ve had enough of your present.
• If you think broke, busted, and disgusted you will act broke, busted and disgusted. People will then know you by this and your destiny will also be broke, busted and disgusted.
“And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech. And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there. And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for mortar. And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth. And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded. And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.”
• God came down to see something that had not even been done yet. Because it was in their hearts and they imagined it, it was real.
• God is looking at the imagery of your heart and judging your life based on that. Your future is based on the imagery of your heart.
• We must cast down imaginations when they are not right.
• Once you have imagined yourself doing something, nothing will stop you from doing what you’ve imagined to do.
• The wrong imagination is dangerous.
“And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.”
• If you don’t catch issues at a thought, you won’t break the issue.
Wednesday, September 4, 2019 6:30PM