It’s hard to adapt to the season in your life that you don’t recognize.
“Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.”
Matthew 13:9, 16
- It is a good thing to see and hear.
- Mark 4.
- You can’t respond to what you never recognize.
- The disciples knew there was more and asked for more.
“Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower. When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.”
- If you can’t apply what you are hearing, you don’t understand it.
“But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it; Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended. He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful. But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.”
- The enemy will attack and test the Word every time we hear it.
- Return on the Word comes from Understanding.
- Hebrews 4:6.
- Isaiah 4:17.
- You cannot live by a Biblical Worldview when you don’t know and understand the Word of God!
- Too many believers live without a working knowledge of the Word of God.
- Isaiah 55:11.
Daniel = God is Judge
- Daniel was bold in his faith.
- Daniel was raised in a biblical environment.
- Time and time again Daniel was tested and knew how to live out his faith in a society that was opposed to it.
- Not only did Daniel have the Word in his heart, he understood the Word.
- When the Word of God is sown 25% bring forth fruit (Matthew 13).
- John 15.
- God has called us to be productive Christians.
- We don’t just want to exist, we want to be fruitful.
- The 25% – they understood!
- Revelation knowledge comes from the Spirit of God.
- Understanding is comprehension to the point of application.
- The more I understand from the Word of God, the better off I am.
- We all have plenty of time to get in the Word, we are just not being intentional about it.
“In the first year of Darius the son of Ahasuerus, of the seed of the Medes, which was made king over the realm of the Chaldeans; In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem. And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes: And I prayed unto the Lord my God, and made my confession, and said, O Lord, the great and dreadful God, keeping the covenant and mercy to them that love him, and to them that keep his commandments;”
- Daniel was in the Word, he prayed, he was a man of conviction.
- Conviction means something has overtaken you.
- Prayers and Supplication = need a supply…He is my source (spiritual or physical).
- Revelation 3:20.
“We have sinned, and have committed iniquity, and have done wickedly, and have rebelled, even by departing from thy precepts and from thy judgments:”
- His Word reserves the right to judge.
The Church has everything we need to win the world, we lack the Will!