“Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:”
- Reading the Bible is like reading yesterday’s news.
- God is going to have what He says.
“For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.”
- God inhabits eternity and stands outside of time.
- God is not subject to time, He created it.
- James 1:17 – neither shadow of turning.
- Time does change God because He stands outside of it.
What has God said in His word would come and where are we in that time?
“He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red. And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowring. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?”
- They could study patterns but could not discern the times.
- Science = knowledge gained by observations.
- As believers we lack the knowledge of the season God has us in.
- Acts 17.
- We are here as a divine appointment before God.
- Jeremiah 1:5.
- How do we adapt and find success in this season if we cannot recognize it?
- We are measured not by how long we live but by what we did with our time here.
- God in His Word has laid out the pattern of prophetic seasons.
“And they brought him to Jesus: and they cast their garments upon the colt, and they set Jesus thereon. And as he went, they spread their clothes in the way. And when he was come nigh, even now at the descent of the mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen; Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest.”
“And some of the Pharisees from among the multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples. And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.”
- There was an acceptance from the Lord at this very moment.
- The Pharisees are asking for a rebuke because they were not recognizing the Season.
- God had spoken to Daniel and Daniel had prophesied specifically about this to the day and time.
- God will always have what He says.
- We don’t need to understand seasons to be a forecaster, we need to know so we can have our faith built up.
- Telling what will come does not build my faith, telling me what God said 2,000 years ago builds my faith.
The beauty of God is that He knew your end from the beginning!