“Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.”
• Live with the mindset that love is a debt that you never pay off. Since love is a debt that you never pay off, you are always making payments. The debt doesn’t get satisfied.
• Eight times in the Old Testament, God says that we should love our neighbor as ourself.
• The two most important things that God commands us to do in scripture is to love God and to love your neighbors as yourself.
• There are five love languages to speak to your spouse: (1) Words of Affirmation, (2) Physical touch, (3) Quality time, (4) Acts of Service, (5) Gifts
• Keep making payments!
• Stop making statements like, “you should know I love you.”
• We are called to keep paying on the love debt until Jesus comes back.
“And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.”
• The man in this passage was looking for a way to get out of the commandment to love.
“So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.”
• Adam was the head, this is why God called out to him and not Eve after they sinned.
• If you’ve not received the love of God, you will struggle to give love to others. Your capacity to love will be limited until you know God’s love.
• No one can fill your love tank but Jesus!
• Don’t be a depleting person.
• Knowledge removes ignorance, love removes hate, and light removes darkness.
• You cannot make a love withdrawal when the balance is zero. If you see someone at a zero balance, make a deposit.
• What gets on others when they are around you?
“And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same. But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again. Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:”
• The spirit produces love.
• Don’t try to find a loophole.
• When you don’t communicate love, you remove joy from the relationship.
• A marriage cannot have peace without joy and there is no joy without love.
• Whatever is coming out of you is returned to you.
• Psalms 45:7-8 & Hebrews 1:9
• Whatever is coming out of your life is different when you’ve been with God.
• Get in fellowship with God so that you can offer them something that didn’t already come from them. When they pour into you, don’t just give back what they already gave to you. Give them something fresh, an overflow from your relationship with God.
• Matthew 10:8 – “Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.”
• Proverbs 18:24 – “A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.”
“Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;”
• When I submit to Jesus, I submit to his love.
• If men loved their wives as Christ loved the church, wives would submit.
• John 15:12 – This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
• The body doesn’t work independently of the head. Stay in the will of God even if your spouse is not. Pray and ask the Lord to align them.