God workin’ in me!
“Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,”
There is some preparation for living a life of victory. We must first realize that God’s plans are not always our plans.
1. Possible mentally. Walk in expectation that God can do anything.
2. It is God’s will for us to prosper and be in health even as our soul prospers. Your soul is your mind, will, imagination, emotions, and intellect. 3 John 1:2
3. We must follow God’s principles. Obey them. There are natural principles like gravity that we all respect but if we follow His spiritual principles we will see some results.
4. God’s promises. Rest in His promises.
5. Holy Spirit prompting. Sometimes the Holy Spirit prompts us to live differently.
6. Problems and pressure will come but you must obey God no matter what.
7. You can expect His peace but you’ve got to seek His will.
8. Persist! Never give up!
“I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour. For we are labourers together with God: ye are God’s husbandry, ye are God’s building. According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.”
1 Corinthians 3:6-11
• Jesus is first. Let Him lead you in this life.
• No matter what comes up in your life, you must see what God is saying to you and follow His prompting and leading.
• God brings the increase.
“And Pharaoh called unto Moses, and said, Go ye, serve the Lord; only let your flocks and your herds be stayed: let your little ones also go with you. And Moses said, Thou must give us also sacrifices and burnt offerings, that we may sacrifice unto the Lord our God. Our cattle also shall go with us; there shall not an hoof be left behind; for thereof must we take to serve the Lord our God; and we know not with what we must serve the Lord , until we come thither.”
• Moses was willing to serve God without knowing what the sacrifice was going to be.
• He gave his commitment to God without sure answers.
“And it came to pass, when Pharaoh had let the people go, that God led them not through the way of the land of the Philistines, although that was near; for God said, Lest peradventure the people repent when they see war, and they return to Egypt: But God led the people about, through the way of the wilderness of the Red sea: and the children of Israel went up harnessed out of the land of Egypt.”
• God will lead you in a way that will bring Him glory. It may not be the pretty or the easy way.
“And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the Lord caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided. And it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel; and it was a cloud and darkness to them, but it gave light by night to these: so that the one came not near the other all the night. And the angel of God, which went before the camp of Israel, removed and went behind them; and the pillar of the cloud went from before their face, and stood behind them:”
• Its going to look like you’re in trouble and there’s no way out.
• The Egyptians and giants that have plagued you, God wants to get rid of it and you’ll see it no more!
God has gotten rid of your past. You’ve got the victory!