“And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me. And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.”
- Even though water can take on different forms, it’s still water.
- I John 5:7.
- God is a God that stands out of time. He sees the end from the beginning.
- God operates in dispensations.
- Dispensation = A time period (a season…a definite start and end).
- If the Church does not become what the church was called to be, we will not be effective for the Kingdom.
- A dispensation of time started with Moses (Law).
- Grace and Truth dispensation started with Jesus.
“Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam’s transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.”
- When you recognize the time frames in scripture, you can begin to see how all three work.
- Adam to Moses (dispensation); Moses to Jesus (dispensation).
Where are we now?
“That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:”
- God knew ahead of time where He was going.
- God always knew how He would save us…there was never second guessing.
“For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;”
“And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about. And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all. And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.”
- “And He closed the book…the acceptable year” (dispensation).
- God’s Grace and favor would profusely abound.
“The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;”
- He closed the book before the day of vengeance in Luke 4.
- He closed the book before that statement because it wasn’t time for vengeance yet (this specific dispensation did not include vengeance).
- He first came for Grace and Mercy.
- We are in a dispensation of Grace, and Grace is available during this time period.
- We are in a day of favor!
- Our relationship with God is based on Grace, and no man has the ability to disconnect you from Him.
Israel is the center of all prophesy.
You can view the world differently when you see how the Author and Finisher wrote the book.
“The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach, Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen: To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God: And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.”
- Matt 6:33.
- Matt 6:10.
- God told them to wait for the Holy Spirit. The sending of the Holy Spirit would begin a new dispensation.
- Pentecost has a definite start and a definite end (Rev. 4).
- Redemption was the disciples hope and Pilates concern.
- Jeremiah 29:11.
- Just as they kept living even though the Babylonians were in power, we must keep doing life.
- Only God can separate the righteous from unrighteous.
- Romans 12:2.
- We must be in the Word and be United under the Word.
- “It is not for you to know the times or the seasons.”
- Our role is to advance to Jesus. Our agenda is a Kingdom agenda.
- The Father is in complete control of every dispensation.
- The problem with our world today is a spiritual problem.
- If we get off course, we are a moot point in this earth.